Translate

Saturday 4 August 2007

Allegations against Guy Stair Sainty



Should there be an doubt in anyone’s mind I wish to state the following in rebuttal of the defamatory allegations made against me on this web site, on alt.talk.royalty and in various emails. I have singled out the most invidious accusations because I do not want there to be any question that silence on my part means that there is any truth in the allegations made against me.

I have been married twice; my first marriage was annulled following a civil divorce. I remarried in a Catholic ceremony and remain married to the same person. The suggestion I have been married three times is false.

I have never been involved in any way in the “theft” of any stationary of the SMOM. I wrote a letter in 1972 on the stationary of an agency of which I was then secretary of the British Association of the SMOM, which suggested the Constantinian succession dispute could be solved after the death of the late D. Achille Di Lorenzo. As this was not within my responsibilities as officer of this agency, and as Sig. Di Lorenzo was annoyed and was a Grand Cross of the SMOM, I was asked to resign my post, which I did. I exceeded my responsibilities and recognized that I was wrong to have done so. The allegations regarding this incident by snake charmer and his aliases are completely false, however.

I was given the false Order of St George of Carinthia by a Sig. Pellicioni di Poli when I was aged 19; as soon as I found out that this was a self-styled Order I wrote to Sig. Pellicioni and resigned. I met Pellicioni just once and never saw him again. The allegations concerning a purported friendship with this gentleman are completely false. This experience inspired my ubsequent campaign against similar self-styled Orders.

I did not place any advertisement offering false titles or memberships in self-styled Orders in any journal or other medium at any time; the advertisement put in the International Herald Tribune in my name by a third party hoping to discredit me used an address that was almost 20 years out of date. The suggestion that I did so is completely false.

For more than a dozen years I have been a member of the False Orders Committee of the SMOM and Alliance Orders of St John, of which Peregrine Bertie, brother of the Grand Master, is the chairman. For my services on this committee I have received from the grand master the rank of grand officer of the Order of Merito Melitense. The Grand Master has written an introductory text for my book, and has supplied me with images of diplomas that he has received. Thus the allegations regarding my supposed bad relations with the SMOM may be seen to be completely false.

I remain a member of the False Orders Committee; I remain the Vice-Chancellor of the Priory in the US\ of the Order of St John; I continue to be a member of US professional art dealing associations as well as two major European professional organizations. I served for 7 years on the pro-bono Art Advisory Committee of the Commissioner of the US internal Revenue Service.

I was head of the International Patrons of the arts of the Vaticans Museums; I received the Order of St Gregory the Great with the consent of the late cardinal O’Connor and my name was published in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis. There is no truth whatsoever that I was not awarded this honour properly. I am a member of the French Associations des Chevaliers Pontificaux.

I was given the rank of commander of the Savoy Order of Sts Maurice and Lazarus several years before the formation of the American Association of Savoy Orders, of which I was one of the first members. Last year I was promoted to grand officer of this Order. The suggestion that I unsuccessfully sought membership of this order from the American Association of the Savoy Orders is thus completely false.

The arms that I use were granted by the College of Arms to the descendants of my great-grandfather. These arms were subsequently matriculated in Scotland and subsequently confirmed for me in Spain. The Spanish confirmation included the mantle of a knight of St Januarius (not that of a Duke), and the coronet of an untitled noble (by virtue of my membership of the Constantinian Order in the rank of Justice). This coronet was subsequently granted to me and my descendants as a Crest Coronet by the College of Arms. The allegations regarding my arms are completely false. These Arms are matters of public record and these facts easily ascertained.

The author(s) of these posts, while pseudononymous, is certainly guilty of defamation and probably of criminal libel (see the definition at http://www.hamiltons-solicitors.co.uk/archive-docs/awkward-customers2.htm) I have employed a professional investigator to determine the origins of these posts and will be pursuing their author or authors by whatever legal means are available to me. I will also be taking action against the authors of various libellous statements about me published two years ago on this forum and elsewhere whose false and defamatory content have been repeated here by this poster, and for whose invention and dissemination two identified individuals on this forum were responsible. These individuals also promoted the despatch of a defamatory communication addressed to HRH the Duke of Gloucester.

If anyone has any further information regarding the posters, or any emails attacking me, I would be grateful if they would send them to me (I will preserve their anonymity if they request it.

I was given the names Guy Stair Sainty on my birth certificate and they are also included on my baptism certificate. My birth certificate is of course a matter of public record.

Guy Stair Sainty
http://www.groupsrv.com/hobby/about308628.html

1 comment:

  1. The 17th-century painting, “The Rape of Tamar,” was legitimately owned by a Jewish art dealer, Siegfried Aram. The Metropolitan Museum of Art (Met) in New York has announced it will alter the artwork’s provenance to reflect his ownership. The evidence was uncorked by German researcher Joachim Peter who discovered that Aram, who passed away in 1978, attempted to reclaim his painting for more than a decade after the Holocaust. Court records show that Aram alleged that his neighbor Oskar Sommer stole the painting after he sold his house to Sommer. The Met bought the painting in an auction in 1984 via Guy Stair Sainty as he confessed in the New York Times recently. The provenance notes that the painting was bought by Aram in Britain in the mid-1920s until it was passed down “to Sommer as a contested part of his purchase of Aram’s villa in Schapbach, Germany.”. Sainty's 2017 provenance was false. More information:
    https://nazi-looted-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete